Friends of Wallisch Homestead
The Tischenor-Gregory-Goodell-Wallisch Homestead (known as the Wallisch Homestead), is one of the last remaining spaces that accurately reflect Northern New Jersey’s agricultural heritage and West Milford’s history.
The 200 year old farmstead is located at 65 Lincoln Road. It has a 1912 Dutch Colonial Revival house with one wing dating before 1820, a Dutch Colonial Revival stone barn, an Arts-and Crafts style creamery from 1912, and two woodpost-and-beam barns. The three acre famstead is owned by West Milford Township and the Board of Education.
The Friends of the Wallisch Homestead’s mission is to support West Milford Township, the Board of Education, and other community groups in the preservation and adaptive rescue of the Wallisch Homestead as a living record of the community’s cultural and economic heritage.
We do this by:
- Providing community connection and advocacy for the homestead
- Increasing awareness of the homestead’s historic and cultural value
- Raising funds for preserving and reusing the homestead buildings and land
The Friends believe the Wallisch Homestead offers a variety of historic, cultural, and recreational uses for both residents and visitors. Once the structures are preserved, our long-term goal is to work with the community to determine the best reuse of the buildings and maintain their scenic and historic setting.